Thursday 8 August 2013

Solidifying!

Hi, Howdy, Yo, How're doing?

Wow, so June....I would love to say I've been busy. I'd love to give you a justifiable reason why I've not written anything in two months...I'd love to.

Instead, I'll explain it through metaphor. This Happened.



But just imagine I'm the witch and the water is LIFE, OK? That's basically what happened.

There are three things that are important when you're 24 (in a really superficial-1st world kinda way) and they are:
1) Your job 
2) Your social life
3) Men


Me at 24

1) Can't get a job
2) Can't leave the library due to The Evil Thing (dissertation)
3) Spend my time imagining legitimate ways I will bump into Henry Cavil. I know Henry, it would be magical


So that's why the melting happened.





BUT, I've decided to solidify (hence name of post, amazing link there I think you'll agree...because I melted...yeah?) and start writing again. 

"PHEW" I hear you all silently cry! 
And I can promise that the next few blog posts will be extra silly, extra bookish and extra existent...which I feel is a good step forward. I may even experiment with some fiction, or dabble in some prose, but only if you're very, very good.

Here's a hint at some things I might write about, just to wet those tastebuds, or tease those eyes or whatever it is that happens.


  • CHILDREN'S BOOKS AND WHY THEY'RE AWESOME (in no way connected to the fact that I would really, really, really like a job in children's books)
  • ME AND WHY I'M AWESOME (joke....or is it? *employ me*)
  • ON DISCOVERING FEMINISM AT LATITUDE
  • ummmm COWS, HENRY CAVIL, FLOWERS, LEMURS....OTHER THINGS THAT ARE AWESOME
  • ON OVER-USING THE WORD AWESOME



Yeah, that should keep us going for a bit. 
I'll write again once I've thought of something funny/interesting/to pass the time.

See you in another two months then.


No comments:

Post a Comment